28 May 2009

EVE Blog Banter #8

Welcome to my first participation in the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed here. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

This month's topic comes from Ga'len at The Wandering Druid of Tranquility. He asks:

What new game mechanic or mechanics would you like to see created and brought into the EVE Online universe and how would this be incorporated into the current game universe? Be specific and give details, this is not meant to be a 'nerf this, boost my game play' post like we see on the EVE forums.


There are many things that I'd like to change, but most of them would require a fundamental reset of the entire universe, and could never be implemented. One of these un-implementable ideas is still so wonderful, that I have to mention it.

I would love for everything consumed by capsuleers to be built by capsuleers. For the most part, that is true today, but I want to take it a step further.

For example, capsuleers can get the BPO for the 150mm Light AutoCannon I. They can build that item. They can also do invention to build 150mm Light AutoCannon IIs.

They can't build 150mm Light Carbine Repeating Cannon I. I would like it if one could pick the attribute they wanted to research, in this case Rate of Fire and Range. Then they could come up with the BPCs for the Light Carbine and others. They could research more attributes. The higher the meta level, the harder it is to research, the more time it takes.

All of these items that are currently dropped by NPCs could have been built by PCs. The second part of my proposal would be that the NPC factions would place buy orders roughly based on the number of ships they lose. The more Angel Cartel that are splashed, the more orders they place for the items they drop.

Since I really don't see this as being possible, I'll just settle for the ability to have containers in the hold of a ship smartly loaded and unloaded.

Other Blanters that I've read:


CrazyKinux has a more complete listing.

No comments:

Post a Comment