Welcome to the fourteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to email@example.com. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!The first banter of 2010 comes to us from the EVE Blog Father, CrazyKinux himself, who asks the following: As we begin another year in New Eden, ask yourselves "What Now?" What will I attempt next? What haven't I done so far in EVE? Was it out fear, funds, or knowledge? Have I always wanted to start my own corporation, but have never dared doing so? Is there a fledging mercenary waiting to come out of its shell? Or maybe an Industrialist? What steps and objectives will I set myself to accomplish in order to reach my ultimate goal for this year? EVE is what you make of it. So, what is it going to be for you?
My answer has to come in three parts: The Possible, The Hopeful, and The Wildest Dream.
My primary focus is my corp, Odinsdagrting. I would like for it to remain open this entire year. I would like for it to grow not only value, but in membership. I'd love to have at least four main inventors and builders with people responsible for selling and procurement. I'm not against a mining division, worm hole activities, and high sec POSes. I also want to push into low sec and, along with United Trade Syndicate, build markets.
I've tried running my own little corps, and I've been in a senior position in other people's big corps. I'd like to try running my own big corp.
I've often tried to find a ship that would define me. I don't have to be in it all the time, but it would be the ship I'd use most of the time. The ship that I'd specialize in. The ship that I could be known for.
Most of the time, I'm in my Mastodon, Holtby, or my Prowler, Bisycmaplinis.
I do really like the Jaguar. I would've liked it even more if the AF speed boost had been included in Dominion. I can't see the Jaguar being a ship that could be used in enough situations to be a signature ship, though.
My past performance would indicate an affinity for the Blackbird. I do like it. It would make sense to make the Falcon a more permanent choice, but it is slow.
I love the Typhoon and the Bellicose (mini-Phoon), and should look into the navy variants.
However, I think fate sealed it during the Hellcats Party. I was there for less than five minutes, and then was wifed. My name was drawn for the Loki, and I wasn't there.
Not only is it Minmatar, and badass, and works great in a group or solo, but it is very versatile and could be a ship one uses most of the time. Thanks to some gifts after the party, I am on my way. Once my corp is more stable, I'll likely save up enough and get myself into a Loki. I've never flown anything more expensive than a Tempest.
The Wildest Dream
I have an idea for a meta-game website. Something like Eve-Metrics or Eve Online Hold'em. I think it would be wildly successful.
I also think the Bellicose is a fun ship, so clearly my opinion doesn't mean much.
My wildest dream for this year is to talk some others into my idea, finding crazy amounts of free time, and coding up a web site that would add one of those real-world industries to a game that clearly wasn't built for it. I have an idea like EBank, just built with better safeguards.
p.s. A list of participants. I have to admit to not having had time to read all of these. I feel linking to content that I haven't looked at, but it has taken me so long to have the time to post this list that I feel I should post the entire list:
- CrazyKinux's Musing - A beginning is a very delicate time...
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility - Words, words, words…
- My God It's Full of Stars - What Now?
- The Elitist - Plans for 112yc
- Into the unknown with gun and camera - Show me the money
- Ecliptic Rift - Enabling the future
- Inanity and Doom - New Year's Resolutions, New Eden Style
- Break Vol - Blog Banter #14
- Guns Ablaze - What Now?
- Adventures in Mission Running - The Way Forward
- Diary of a Pod Pilot - Things I want to do
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah - The Year That Will Be
- Roc's Ramblings - WordPress ate my blog
- Vive Virtual - Frontier Living
- A Mule in EVE - Next on the chopping block
- Prano's Journey - I Peer Into My Crystal Pod...
- Life in Low Sec - Expanding the Franchise
- The Light of Stars - Testing the claims of CCP
- A Memoir From Space - A New Direction
- The Chronofile - Blog Banter 2010
- FlashFresh - What now for Flash?
- EVE Opportunist - Fyreite in 112
- Mike Azariah - Jiorj
- Yarrbear Tales - Year in Review
- The Independant Analyst - The Year Ahead
- The Travels of Black Claw - Where ma I going?
- Warp Scrammed - What to do this year
- Sered's Lives - Searching for directions in 2010
- Finders & Keepers - New Tears, Same Great Taste
- The Captain's Log - To Dream of the Future
- The Lathspell of Mithrandir - Resolutions
- The Midnight Sun - EVE Blog Banter #14
- EVE What? - New Heights to be Reached
- The EVE Chronicles - New Year – New Blog – What a way to start the Year!
[ Delicious Tags: eveblogbanter14 ]